The tender fish marinated in lemon and cooked in a rich masaledaar gravy.
- Marinate the fish in salt and lime (half a lime) juice for 10 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, grind all the masalas together. Add a little bit of water to adjust the consistency.
- Add the onions and green chillies to the masala. Add this mix to a pan and place it over the flame.
- Keep the masala over the flame for about 10 minutes (two boils) and keep stirring to prevent it from burning.
- Once done, add the marinated fish to this masala. Add some water to adjust the consistency of the curry.
- Let it cook till one boil. (In case you use fish with bone cook up till two or three boils).
- Serve hot. It tastes best with unpolished Goan rice.