A rich, chocolaty cheesecake perfect for all cheesecake and chocolate adicts.
|Digestive biscuits||150g (5 oz)|
|Butter||45g (1 1/2 oz)|
|Caster sugar, divided||110g (4 oz)|
|Dark chocolate, melted and cooled||150g (5 oz)|
|Cocoa powder mixed with a little hot water||2 tablespoons|
|Tub cream cheese||1 (200g)|
- Crush the digestive biscuits and mix with the melted butter and 1 tablespoon of the caster sugar. Press into a 18cm (7 in) cake tin and refrigerate.
- Whip cream until soft peak stage. Add cooled melted chocolate, then the cocoa powder mix. Blend well and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and remaining sugar together. Fold in cream/chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spread into tin on top of crushed biscuits. Freeze for one hour.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, then serve.